Wednesday 22 August 2012

Introduction

Welcome

Hey Fellow Educators welcome to my blog which documents and makes public my learnings in my first year and beyond of teaching kindergarten in a long day care centre in North Queensland.

I hope that fellow educators in Queensland and the rest of Oz can learn from my posts. As well as parents and community members.

I have traditionally come from the school sector and due to my own children being quite young made the move to early childhood and have worked in a long day care setting. My setting is a three room centre which is part of a double centre for a large early childhood company.

I work in the preschool room which can take up to 24 every day but is not quite full. I have an assistant which has worked in this room for 6 years and at different time has been the group leader and has not spent much time in this new kindergarten program but is willing to learn which is fantastic. 

Hopefully this blog will benefit someone even if it is only the ideas that are presented. 

No comments:

Post a Comment