Sunday 10 February 2013

Documentation in early learning

Documentation in the EYLF is a contentious issue in both theory and practice in early learning. Educators that have been in the industry for a while struggle with constant state of change in relation to documentation. As I teach the Qld Kindergarten I have both the QKLG and the EYLF to work with when documenting learning. This can make it challenging but also exciting. I also program for about 50 children across 2 rooms so I feel that I need to get it right otherwise I will be wasting my time. I program in a few different ways. In the room I have an A4 scrapbook for each child which stays in an pocket. That is used by educators to record basic observations using a kindergarten template.  I use my IPad with the comic life app to co-construct learning stories with the children, which are recorded in an A3 scrapbook which is kept in the reading quiet area that the children and parents can access together and experience their learning together. We also have created a website which collate  all the information about that child from the kindergarten program including profile, transition to school and EYLF links.

No comments:

Post a Comment